Consumer Law Summit
Consumer Law Summit
This Summit includes 120 minutes of instruction.
Accredited for 2.4 WV MCLE hours (no ethics), and 2.0 PA MCLE hours (no ethics).
Applications to Ohio and Virginia pending.
The Center for Consumer Law and Education invites you to its Third Consumer Law Summit. The Summit serves as a biannual update attorneys in West Virginia and surrounding states on changes in the consumer law space. The cornerstone of the event is the Regulator Panel, in which representatives from various state and federal agencies update the attendees on any regulatory changes over the past year, trends to look out for in the future, and other areas of interest for their practices and clients. There will also be a panel of consumer law practitioners who will share their experiences in the legal space over the past year, paying special attention to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on consumer protection issues. Don’t miss out on this comprehensive consumer law update.
Hosted by Jonathan Marshall, Director of the Center for Consumer Law and Education
The Regulator Panel will feature
- Federal Trade Commission
- Larissa L. Bungo, Assistant Regional Director, East Central Region,
- Federal Communications Commission
- Eduard Bartholme, Associate Bureau Chief, Consumer and Governmental Affair Bureau,
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Brent Hassell, Assistant Vice President Consumer Affairs with the Supervision, Regulation and Credit Department of the Richmond Fed,
- WV Offices of the Insurance Commissioner
- Erin K. Hunter, Deputy Commissioner/General Counsel
- WV Attorney General’s Consumer Protection and Antitrust Division
- Douglas Davis, Assistant Attorney General
- WV Public Services Commission Consumer Advocate Division
- Robert Williams, Consumer Advocate
West Virginia Consumer Law Practitioners’ Panel will feature
- Jason Causey, Bordas & Bordas,
- Anthony J. Majestro, Powell & Majestro P.L.L.C.,
- Nicholas P. Mooney, Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC,
- Danielle Waltz, Jackson Kelly.